fastidiousreader

Fastidious Reader

My Ex From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy Book One)

My Ex From Hell - Tellulah Darling I don't even know what to say about this book. I liked it at the first part. Why? Well, most of you knew I liked Greek Mythology. So this being a book about Greeks looks good. And it's a Persephone story. From reading Greek Myth books, I knew that Persephone is Hades' wife. BUT... In this book, well, that's the twist. She's NOT THAT Persephone. She's not the wife. Instead, Hades and Zeus (Zeus! Hello, he's your daughter?! Why?!) wanted her dead. Of sorts.And then as I continue reading it... I feel disconnected with the characters. Sure, they made me laugh a bit. But that's all. There's no giddy feeling between Kai and Sophie. I'm still wondering what is the whole deal. I want to know what is or was their FULL story. I know that it'll probably be discussed or shown in the succeeding books. Maybe that'll be my motivation to read the 2nd book... which would probably be out by next year or two? :D Since this one is not even out yet. I dunno.OH! Especially the part where they went to save those people? I was like... 'HUH? What? Okay...?' then move on reading the next sentence/paragraph without really understanding what the eff happened or what was happening to Sophie. I didn't imagine the whole fighting scene. Just so you know, I think all avid readers got this wild imagination while reading books. Sooo... That's why I am giving this 2.5 stars. Imagining the scenes are a big YES to me. So if it's a NO, then... sorry. :(But that is just my personal opinion and you might want to read it and please don't just based on reading reviews on whether to read it or not. I know it might be a huge help sometimes. BUT you need to know it for YOURSELF. :) Hope you all would enjoy reading it if ever you try to read this by the time comes it is out. :)