fastidiousreader

Fastidious Reader

iD

iD - I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you NetGalley and Angry Robots for the opportunity to read it.Don't you think this book is weird? lol.I got so many issues with this book that I do not know where I should begin. I like the idea of robots. Of vN co-habiting with humans. Working as a nurse, gardener, teacher, etc. I like how they could think of their own but they could not even think of harming a human for it would 'failsafe' them. I think that is such a good idea since in the past, I have watched movies like Terminator, who harms humans because they started to think on their own. Failsafe is like a guarantee that robots, or vN rather, will NEVER hurt humans for they function to serve, protect, love and make them happy.I get the story of the series. Of Amy's clade having a kind of failsafe glitch. Failsafe is an exemption to Portia and Amy. Of Amy being a vN who thinks of her fellow vN to have some sort of freedom. In this certain book though, the past was revealed. Sort of. And the main protagonist in this story is Javier.So it was all Javier's thoughts, past, actions, we are seeing. Reasons why he do what he did. I kinda like that the author change POV. From Amy for the first book, to Javier in second. It's a good knowing what were his thoughts. So, what I didn't like about this book?1. It's a bit boring in the first part.2. All Javier thinks of is getting Amy's panties down. It's like, every single time they're together he's asking to fuck her. >_