fastidiousreader

Fastidious Reader

Demonic Dora (The Demon Diaries)

Demonic Dora - Claire Chilton ARC given by the publisher thru NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.Eeek. It was okay. Hmm... I'm being generous with 2 star. More like 1.5 stars and I just rounded it up. I don't know why the reviews I saw and the ratings are all 4 to 5 stars. :O I am disappointed to say the least. I was expecting something more. And what's up with the use of poo, crap, shit, manure and whatnot as a means of saving or retaliating with other people or I should say demons. WTF. It's just so wrong. Every time there's something going on, you bet your arse there'll be shit in there. *rolls eyes* Why choose SHIT?! WHY?!?! Can't you use, some other things? Uh, like those birds pecking them instead of shitting on them. Because that is just so fucking GROSS.And since I mention the word 'FUCKING'... I do believe this is YA, right? I mean there's no age mentioned... BUT I liked to think it is Young Adult. Okay. So I know Young Adults nowadays, curse all the time. But that does not mean it's okay to use FUCKING in a book. NO. It's not a good promotion for kids/teens. Does that mean it's okay for kids today to say Fucking for every word they say?! Sorry, but it's not appropriate language. They should have Warning on the summary. WARNING: Explicit language content or something.And from the start I was hoping to know why she do the things she do, I mean you're a daughter of a priest (this is a bit weird for me since to my knowledge, priests doesn't marry and have a kid. :O maybe like a preacher of sorts?), so okay, they push you to do stuffs you don't want to do... But why summon a demon? Why THAT kind of mindset? Cause you're dark emo? I just don't get as to WHY she was inclined to do those. She could do drugs or something but why SUMMON A DEMON? WHY is that? Well, whatever, it's the author's privilege to do whatever she wants with the story. I just wished it was fully explained. Kieron... Is something I wished to be a badass. But nooooo... he's a bit wimpy of sorts. I mean, grow a backbone! You cannot let Dora or anyone else dictate what you need to do. Even Dora got that right. And they don't have chemistry. Dora and Kieron that is. Well, okay maybe a bit. But not that much as I would have like.I think the only character I like or rather likable is... Pooey. LMAO. :P He got ninja skills. LOL. I round it up to two stars cause there are some parts that I laugh or smirk. That's it.