fastidiousreader

Fastidious Reader

Residue (Residue, #1)

Residue - Laury Falter I really didn't expect this book to be that good. Full review later. Will do one for my blog first. ;)REVIEWI still can’t believe that this book would be good. After three chapters in, I suddenly thought “this is a Romeo and Juliet retelling”. I was, I admit, disappointed when I come into that conclusion. Let me explain as to WHY. First, I am NOT a fan of Romeo and Juliet love story. Second, their families are so RIDICULOUS. Third, the way they die is so ABSURD. I hate it. >:( Ugh. BUT, after reading this Residue book, I came to like it. Although at some point, I just want to smack the Weatherfords and Caldwells myself for being so unreasonable and stupid too. Oh yeah, I get this instinct, that it’s not really their fault. The families I mean. Well. The answer about… *zips mouth* it’s for me to know and you to find out. The writing style of Falter, is pretty good. She keep me going. Keep me reading the book until the end. She proved to my mind that there’s something else. Something bigger than the feud between the families. There is something MORE to the story. That’s why I came to like it. Her characters are great too even though it’s insta-love. I’ve been searching for another kind of love story because these days I get bored with the way the love story was told. But here, it’s not that great, not that bad, so in between that two. That’s STILL saying something in my opinion. It still stirred something in me. I didn’t get bored though sure I wish they see the bigger picture already. I think that this is better than that of the original Romeo and Juliet. In terms of the story, characters, conflict, climax. Hmmm… I’m not saying Shakespeare is a bad author. >.< He’s just not a favorite. Also because he let ALL OF HIS characters DIE. I don’t like tragic stories. Overall, liked the book and I recommend it to all Young Adult readers out there! :)