fastidiousreader

Fastidious Reader

Vain (The Seven Deadly Series #1)

Vain (The Seven Deadly Series #1) - Fisher Amelie BOTD: 01.17.13This better be good. I see that my friends who read it gave it 5 stars or 4. :)It is pretty much really good. Sophie Price is hateful at first. I was so worried about not liking it that much cause I really don't like girls who boast a lot that they are beautiful, powerful, etc. She's so vain and I know that if this continued on, I wouldn't like this book.Sophie Price is filthy rich. Or her father is. She's an only child. I think we all know that children who are so freakin' rich would be bound to be defected. I just mean, parents not really there when you grow up, you are raise by nannies, you got to have whatever you want but you feel hollow still. You parents giving you ultimatum when you disgraced them. You know. The likes. It is so predictable what would happen to her, what would her father would do, what Ian would do, what Pemmy would do.I mean, yeah, predictable. Cause I already read it somewhere, by somewhere it's like reading Tagalog pocketbooks. The stories Filipino writers made, some are similar with this. Filipino writers love that kind of story so I know well what would happen. Regardless, I am giving it a 4 stars because I like Masego. I like how the author shows us the life in Masego. Some part of Africa are really poor. It's like reminding me to be grateful to what I have. From clothes, food, electricity, water, safe home, complete limbs and so on. I was also reminded the things that happened in our own country. I just meant that this is a good eye opener to what is happening to other countries. Not only Africa or Philippines. It is also happening in other countries, Middle East, Europe, it's all over the world. We see it happening but we really don't do anything about it. Well, anyway, I should probably just shut up. :p It is a good read nonetheless.