fastidiousreader

Fastidious Reader

Ten Tiny Breaths

Ten Tiny Breaths - K.A. Tucker Er. BOTD: 01.08.13 :P My pick. I don't know what the heck is wrong with me picking books with this kind of plots. And I keep on reading Contemporary a LOT these days. :/In any case... Ten Tiny Breaths...“Just breathe,” “Ten tiny breaths… Seize them.Feel them.Love them.”That quote... I honestly didn't understand it too. At first. I know, it's simple but I have my moments and I plead the fifth. :P Seriously... It's a bit boring at first. The start is slow. But gradually picks up. Not that fast though, just right, I think. And by the way, it is a standalone. I mean it can stand as a standalone because the next book is about Kasey's little sister, Livie.Er... Okay. So this book got those kind of lessons where drinking alcohol then driving is SO BAD in so many levels and got HUGE consequences after. About making a mistake that could really alter one's life. By alter I mean HUMONGOUS effect on someone else's life. This was what happened to Kasey Cleary. And no, she was not the one who got drunk. She's the 'someone else's life' I am talking about. She's so broken. Even after all the hospitalization and doctors trying to help her cope and heal. It didn't help her one bit. Then Trent Emerson came along. She started to feel happy again. She's not healing but she could muster to smile again. She let Storm and Mia, mother and daughter, in her heart. And all the people she later became friends with.She thought it's getting better, a bliss. Well, a short bliss, apparently. So when after 40% I think, I know the whole truth. Well, okay, not ALL. I just mean, I just got this hunch what's the real score. Yeah, I was so right. I'll leave it at that. Anyway, it's pretty okay. I mean, I don't hate it. But I don't like it either. It was good. The writing is good, characters are good although sometimes I want to smack Kasey. I liked Storm. :) I feel there's something else missing though. But I can't point it out. So yeah. 3 stars for me. :)