fastidiousreader

Fastidious Reader

Slammed (Slammed, #1)

Slammed (Slammed, #1) - Colleen Hoover Again. I'm questioning it... Why the hell do we need a second book if it ends all good? :/ I mean, we got the Epilogue. I'm happy with it. So why bring another drama? LOL. Oh fine then. I'll start the review.So... Slammed... It was recommended by Lis and when she asked me when will I read it yesterday, she said 'NOW!' and since they all know I easily succumb to their clutches... They know how to make me read the books they want me to read. :PAnyway... I don't get it. I just mean the 'Slam' thingy. I mean, I do understand they make poetry then perform it. But how exactly did they perform it? Like what Shakespeare do? Er... Cause the whole time I'm reading that slam thingy when they're at the Club, I don't know what and how to imagine the scene. And maybe that's why I feel a bit detach to the characters.Mostly, I easily feel what the Hero or heroines feel. I feel a pang in my heart and there's this grip on my heart that's so strong that I really symphatize a lot. Sometimes I cry too (mainly cause the heroes cries in the books. I'm a sucker for crying men. :P) BUT that didn't happen with this book. Sure, it intrigued me enough that I keep on reading it. I wanted to know why and what is the main issue. Cause from the first something chapters, I don't see how they would have problems. Lis told me it was all about the girl. Same with Hopeless. I thought it's all about the guy but then it's really about the heroine. So while reading this, I keep on waiting and make my own conclusions. When her mom said 'I love you, too Babe', I thought she's having a new relationship too. Then Lake found out that their house at Texas is still there, I was like "maybe her dad is alive after all." LOL! I know! I make it sound like a PNR. :D But of course what my own version of story didn't happen. :P Still, when the bomb was dropped, I was just like, 'Okay.' Don't get me wrong. I like the story. Because it's real. It's life. I mean, it really happens. It can happen (or already did) to you or you know someone who got this similar story. What I mean is, this is the real life that was just turned into a book. It can happen to anyone. There're lots of life lesson in here that I really like. Life lessons. Death. Healing. Grieving. Acceptance. No Regrets.The only time I got teary eyed was when it was Eddie's birthday and when it ended. I mean just the scene at the club at the end. It didn't even continue, the tears I mean. LOL. Why is my tear ducts being mean to me and not let me cry even though I want to. >:(For the story, I'm giving it a 5 stars but for the other parts, just a 4 stars, So in total, that's 4.5 stars for Slammed.P.S. I still don't know why there's second book. LOL. btw, it was said it's two book series but I think I saw a third one. What's up with that?