fastidiousreader

Fastidious Reader

Fallen from Grace

Fallen from Grace - Laura Leone,  Laura Resnick Um... Dan made me read this book since she's asking me to read it with her. So I said yes and read it. I didn't even know it was Adult Fiction, found it later after reading the first pages of it, I just WOW.Fallen from Grace is totally out of my comfort zone. I haven't tried reading adult fiction much, um, okay I've read Danielle Steel (have some sex scene but not detailed) and one Sidney Sheldon and a book about faeries (forgot the title and the author, but slightly erotica).The difference was Fallen From Grace was not really all about sex. Well, okay. It was about sex, about prostitution. But it is not always about it, I mean, if you're waiting for them to get it on everyday and read it in detailed, then you're waiting in vain. Sure, some parts are semi-detailed but that's it.Ryan, as the blurb said, is a high-priced prostitute when he met Sara, his next door neighbor and a writer. Ryan's past is still hunting him even though it's been 10 years. I like Ryan not because he's good at sex or anything. I like him because he tried to separate his prostitute life and his personal life. He's charming, good looking, well, a prostitute needed those qualities. But what I like the most was that he didn't push Sara. I mean he could definitely ensnare her so he could make love to her but he didn't. Cause Sara's special to him.The story mostly revolves about Ryan. How he met Sara, wanted out of the prostitution business, but his b*tch of a boss wouldn't let him because of personal reasons. And how he wants to save Adam, a kid who pick pocketed his wallet, and get him away from the streets. Since he was from the streets too, he know the life of a street kid. HE knows Adam wouldn't survive for long if he stayed in there.So I think I'm spoiling it too much. I just want to say that you should read it. Cause this book is full of emotions, you really would want to know why Ryan's like that, why he choose to be a prostitute, how he wanted Sara so much and how Sara handled Ryan. I love Sara because she's so supportive to Ryan, she shows how much she loves him. Willing to go to anything just for him.Yes, okay. I'll stop. Just read it. :) I liked it very much. And btw, if you'll have theories like we, Kingston and I, have, you might want to prepare for it. Cause what we have in mind didn't even appear on the book. LMAO! :PBtw, again, I really don't like the cover. It's not that catchy. It's not like I'm picking up a book because I saw that there's a hot abs in the cover. LOL! I wish the cover could be changed to more appropriate one.