fastidiousreader

Fastidious Reader

Infinite Days

Infinite Days - Rebecca Maizel This was something new in my eyes, mind and well, everything. LOL! New because Lenah, an old vampire, like 592 years old, wanted to be HUMAN once again. And that is NEW cause most vampire stories have humans who wanted to be turned as a vampire. But this is, uh, the other way around.I liked this book with all the new things but I was kinda bored. Because I was waiting for actions. But I know that'll happened just at the end of the book. Why? Let me enumerate what happened in this book.I did mentioned that Lenah wanted to be human again, right? So Rhode, her sire and lover, granted her wish. The ritual should be done by a vampire whose age is 500 years old, who would sacrifice himself on his own will, who'll want the other vampire (the one who'll be turned back to human) to live while the one doing the ritual will die, he'll cut himself and let the other drink his blood to the point of draining him dry.After the ritual, Rhode exposed himself in the sun leaving dust in his wake. His vampire self's dust. Lenah was alone and human but some of her vampire senses were stuck in her, like the vampire sight. Gradually, that senses were dying together with her vampire soul. Okay, so not dying, maybe just sleeping.She begin to live as a human girl, befriended Tony, fall in love once again with Justin... What I like about it, it's not really instant reaction. It's not love at first sight. How could you fall for someone if that someone says something slightly rude?Long story short, the plot was all about Lenah trying to fit in the human world. Learning new things, trying to be a normal sixteen year old. And then, of course, she have her own coven, four vampires. She was supposed to be hibernating for 100 years, which was true but Rhode dug her before the Red Night (an occasion where almost all vampire go to Lenah's castle every year, Oct 31st). So when they learned that Lenah was gone, they hunt her to bring her back. She was their Queen (their maker) so that's understandable.Vicken is one of her creation, they were in love. Once vampires were in love with each other they couldn't kill one another unless the other vamp, like Lenah, was turned back to being a human and so the bond was broken for her. But Vicken couldn't kill Lenah with his own hands even if he wanted to because he was still bound by the bond. He made Lenah a vampire once again. But magically, Lenah's human mind was retained. She's not evil. She has her human soul and other special gifts. She must keep it a secret or else she'll die, her coven will murder her if they knew. She keep it for five months because she's researching about the ritual Rhode did.And when they suspected that Lenah was not the same anymore, they tried to bring her a little girl to feed on. But she decided to save the girl and now her coven knew that she's not evil anymore and had retained her humanity. But Vicken couldn't kill Lenah, so only Gavin, Song, and Heath tried to kill Lenah when she came back to Wickham to protect Justin. And well, Lenah killed the three vampire, Vicken was weakened. She helped him and decided to make him human again. She knew that she'll die after doing the ritual but she still did anyway. And that's the end. :P I like Lenah's character. As I've said she was hibernating for 100 years. Since 1901. So she didn't know about the modern world. She encountered new things especially the technology. I like that she didn't look stupid asking new stuffs, for me. And she learned on her own on some things. She's independent enough and she only asked things she really didn't know.Justin's okay for me. I actually thought I'll be swooning over him. But no, I'm not. He's okay character for me. He's nice but I wished before he flirted with Lenah, he broke up with Tracy first. And he handle Lenah's past okay.I like Tony, he's not that witty like Simon in Cassandra Clare's TMI but I feel like they are somehow alike. He's cool, first friend of Lenah in Wickham. and he's doing arts! He's into painting and photography, which in my dictionary is totally cool unlike athletic guys unless you strip them in front of me. :PAll in all, I like it, So I'm giving it a 4 stars. But I want more actions and I hate it how Tony had to die! That was so unfair! I cried when he died! :( . And if I'm to choose between the Rhode and Justin? I'll go with Rhode of course. :) I'm excited for the next book since there's a sneak peek for the 2nd book.