fastidiousreader

Fastidious Reader

Legends of Marithia: Book 1 - Prophecies Awakening: Uncut and Extended Second Edition

Prophecies Awakening - Peter Koevari 3.5 stars but rounded up to 4stars. :)First of all, this book was given to me by the author, himself, in exchange for an honest review. So, Peter, thank you for letting me read this book. :)This is not the typical type of book I read. I mean, I don't usually read books that has a setting of ages ago. I don't really read dragons book since the last time I read one, I didn't even finish it cause of the English that was used. Thank God that the English used here is not the Old English. >_< I decided to read it cause it's new to my eyes. Meaning, this book have Dragons, Sorceress, Elvens, Faeries and, vampires. I was hooked from the first page cause I was intrigued by the story. In the first few pages, Koevari gave a brief background how did Kassina, the sorceress, became twisted like that. And yes, I understand her. She wanted revenge for the murder of her parents. That's why she made a pact with Shindar, the Demon of Darkness.And I like how Vartan is. Though I wished that the world building and the character building would be more elaborate cause it doesn't say much about Marithia and the characters. It's mostly action packed. Yes, I like it when it is action-packed but still, it should be balanced. :) And I want to see more how Vartan spend his time in the island of the Dragons. And I was kinda astonished that he accepted it (his true lineage and the prophecy) just like that.But over-all, I like it and I enjoyed reading it. Like the sarcastic comments of some character like Keturah. And oh! I don't know how Nymira, Queen of the Dragons, fall. One second she's just exhausted the next she's dead? :(