fastidiousreader

Fastidious Reader

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)

The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) - Julie Kagawa The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa is definitely a must read novel! It's young adult paranormal AND dystopian rolled into one! I love YA Paranormal and Dystopian but I didn't thought it could be together until The Immortal Rules.This book is narrated by Allison, a Fringer but later on became a vampire. You will have an insight about vampires, how they think about humans as food, how they are a predator. The difference is that most vampire forgets their humanity, but Allison is trying really hard to cling to her humanity.The book is divided into four parts. Part I: Human. Part II: Vampire. Part III: Monster. Part IV: Wanderer. It's kind of long but for me it's bearable because I loved it. :DI love Allison Sekemoto's character. She's fierce unlike some characters who's more like damsel in distress. She doesn't give up on living. She hated vampires but there's this self-preservation that's keeping her from dying. She wants to live more than anything else even though she'll be what she despises most.Kanin, Allie's sire, is someone I learned to like. He reminds me of Puck of the Iron Fey series of Kagawa. Though, I know there's nothing similar between him and Puck. I don't know why he reminds me of Puck. :3 "No." he said gently, easing me back. "Don't look. It's better that you do not see. Just know that, whatever you choose, you will die today. The manner of your death, however, is up to you.""Sometime in your life, Allison Sekemoto, you will kill a human being. Accidentally or as a conscious, deliberate act. It is unavoidable. The question is not if it will happen, but when. Do you understand?"I love how it's different with Twilight. The setting, as we all know, is Dystopian where in after a plague they were now ruled by Vampires. And the head vampire in a city was called 'Master' like in Blood Coven by Mari Mancusi. But the similarities stops there.Overall, did I just said I loved it? Well, I really loved it! I just wished that there's more Allison-Zeke scenes. :3 And I just also hoped that one day, it will not lead to Zeke choosing whether to stay human or converting to be vampire (though Yes, I know, Zeke will definitely NOT AGREE to be Turned.) I'm excited as well for the next book. :)RATING: 4.5 out of 5 stars. :)