fastidiousreader

Fastidious Reader

Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters Trilogy, Book I)

Prophecy of the Sisters - Michelle Zink Review originally posted here.Honestly, I don't know what to say about this review. I'm not that a fan of Mystery type of books where in I was always need to pay attention to the book I'm reading. And I had a hard time grasping the story of this book. But, as you could see I gave it a rating of 3.5. Yes, I'm not a fan of mystery but somehow I kind of enjoyed it. A bit. It just makes me read and read and read to know what would happen to Lia and Alice and what is the prophecy all about. You see, as I've said, I had a hard time understanding the prophecy. I thought differently than the author. Maybe that's a good thing to others but for me, well, it leaves me confused. So I still continue reading to know more about it.Michelle Zink doesn't give all the explanation in one chapter. You need to read the next chapter and the next and the next and so on to fully comprehend it. But there are times where I guessed correctly. Like about Henry, Lia and Alice's younger brother.Lia has the ability to astral project (is my term right?). That means she could separate from her physical body and travels to the astral plane. It is also known as Out-Of-Body Experience. We all know that having the ability to astral project means there's good stuff out of it but there are also bad stuff that might come to us should we wander too far. It's basically also about that.If you also are looking for some romance, uh, Lia has someone named James. But he isn't always present. I mean, it's not focused on romance and personally I think they're not really the one for each other. Lia has some issues but she insist that she loves James and all. But I'm not that pacified. Oh, well.And if there's a lesson in this book, that is: There is always a choice. We always have a choice to choose the good or the bad. It is really up to us to choose what we really want. Don't let any prophecy to dictate the things you want to do and love. I'd recommend this for those who like mystery type of young adult novel. You might have a better view about it than me. If you do read it, let's compare notes! :) Happy reading!