fastidiousreader

Fastidious Reader

Harbinger

Harbinger - Peta Crake UPDATE: (12.07.2012) Starting it today. Gah! I haven't done my guest post yet. It's sitting there at the Drafts... I've been reading and trolling at other sites that's why it's still in Drafts. :( I am so sorry, Katy, I have been bumming around. :p FINALLY!!!! Such a slow-paced book. Like how I read. lol. Review later. Okay... First of all, I really love Mythologies. Although I read Greeks and Roman Mythologies only. Second, I love the cover. ;) So when Harbinger was recommended to me, I really thought that I would really love it. So it's kinda sad that I am just okay with it. I mean, it started out good. But then I don't know what happened, it just fall apart. It went down, down, down. And I am bored by it. I was stuck at that 78%. Struggling with it to end.I keep putting off that last 22%. Cause that part got a long monologue. So I skip those part, like describing the place Ophelia's in. Really, why does it have to be so long and without any dialogues? And the characters connection? It was just okay. I think I like Hermes more for Ophelia than Aden. :/It was such a slow paced book in my opinion. And the action part I thought would show, didn't. I was actually left a bit hanging cause I want to know Ophelia's powers or new job. I want to see the romance between her and Aden which really really, lack. For crying out loud, she spent most of her time in that awful place and the time with Aden is so short you don't feel it.But I give the author kudos for the Mythology part. It was good although not that great. And I liked that part with Aphrodite and Ophelia. That showdown. ;) All in all, it was okay-ish good. So 2.5 stars.