fastidiousreader

Fastidious Reader

Defiance

Defiance - C.J. Redwine 4 stars! :) I really liked it but well, I do understand what Mitch's been saying that it's melodramatic affair. And I agree. But since I'm a girl, I like melodramatic stories from time to time.Defiance had me from the beginning to the end (though I sleep again for 3 hours before I finished this). I didn't know that it's capable of bringing tears to my eyes before I started reading it. My heart was gripped tightly over some scenes. I am in a roller coaster ride of emotions, no, I haven't ridden a roller coaster nor do I ever planned to, though I imagine it'll be like that.I cried, okay? Especially in Chapter 22. That Commander is just so ruthless. :( I wish they kicked his butt for good! And how in the world a 70 year old something man could be that strong?! He even beats a nineteen year old healthy man! >:(Rachel's character is so kickass!!! There's a part where she broke down but that just means she's still a girl capable of such emotions. I like how she stands up once again and fulfill something she needs to do for herself and her loved ones. I like girls who could defend themselves and could throw a kick and slash some knife to enemies. ;)Logan is dependable, responsible, gallant Protector, and also a genius. Need I say more? He's also loyal and will do everything he can for his "family". Nuff said. :P I might just start babbling if I continue writing about him. ;)I don't want to ponder more about this one, just want to say that I certainly like it. Makes me be reminded why I like Dystopian books too. :)